1 cup dates
3⁄4 cup walnut kernels
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- Wash the dates and soak in hot water for 5 minutes. Chop into small pieces.
- Toast the walnut kernel until they turn fragrant and change colour. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat ghee/coconut oil in a nonstick pan or a thick bottom steel wok. Add dates. Cook on low flame until the dates soften.
- Mash them with a ladle and cook till the colour becomes dark and mixture collects in the center as one ball.
- Now add chopped walnuts to this and mix till evenly distributed.
- Take one 7×7 inch square cake pan. Line it with parchment paper and grease it. Empty the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Cut into square slices and store in an airtight container.